Nemesis: Lockdown continues to hurtle towards its conclusion, with 7 days to go the game has now passed the impressive $4,000,000 mark, this game looks set to be another winner for creators Awaken Realms, however, today we’re not here to look at Lockdown, we’re going to be talking about Nemesis: Distress.
What is Distress? you might be asking, well that is a very good question. Not happy with securing themselves a prominent position in the tabletop world Awaken Realms have once again delved into the land of video games, that’s right Nemesis: Distress is a video game based on the BoardGameGeek favourite franchise. I say ‘once again’ as Awaken Realms previous outing Tainted Grail also received a video game take, which has seen continued development at this point.
Please don’t make the mistake in assuming this is some sort of companion app as that isn’t the case. Nemesis: Distress is very much its own monster, drawing inspiration from its tabletop sibling but not afraid to venture out on its own, this again is very similar to Tainted Grail.
So what do we know about Distress at this early point…
- Awaken Realms will be working alongside Polish development team Ovid Works to produce the game which will be built in the Unreal engine, hopefully, that means we will get to see some beautiful lighting techniques as dark and imposing corridors give way to bright and clinical med-bays.
- Anyone worried that Distress might take team members away from the development of Lockdown shouldn’t be as this new game will be worked on by an almost completely different team, don’t worry Awaken Realms aren’t going to be pushing back their timelines as they chase this new and elusive beast.
- The gameplay is heavily multiplayer based with 5-6 players taking part in 30-40 minute long matches, each player taking on a different asymmetric profession in an attempt to survive this living nightmare.
- It’s free! Well kind of…If you’re a backer of Nemesis: Lockdown then you’re going to receive a copy of Nemesis: Distress as an extra stretch goal, which in my opinion is awesome. I’m always happy to take a free game alongside something I was already planning to purchase.
- If tabletop gaming isn’t your thing, first of all, I don’t think we can be associated anymore and secondly, a new pledge level has been created over on the Lockdown Kickstarter page specifically for people who want to get their hands on a copy of Distress, for only £12 you can grab a copy now, but please be aware you’re not going to actually receive anything for a good few months.
If all of that has got you excited to check out Nemesis: Lockdown, and Distress then head over to the campaign page and read more about the game. I can tell you from personal experience that the original is an amazing game and has seen much time on my table already…even though every time I play some asshole tries to kill me.
Leave a Reply